Factors of Quality
Software development is personal. The quality software product or solution is mostly defined by the skills of the team developing it.
Although having skilled developer team is the best way to guarantee success in any software development project, expertise and experience will become even more crucial when the complexity of the project increases.
To maximise chances of success in software development project we think it's of utmost importance to have a team consisting of people to whom software is a true calling. When technical experise is no longer a limiting factor, all you have to do is to decide on a concept and project method. You can then let the team loose to do the thing they do best.
Check out our factors of quality.
Do The Right Thing
Lesser experienced developers have tendency to overengineer solutions. Sometimes it's best to deliver minimum viable product as soon as possible and iterate on it. The only features that matter are those which have shipped. Usually it's better to deliver imperfect feature than no feature at all.
This kind of agile, fast and iterative approach requires a team that has opinions and backbone. We think that neither customer or our earlier plans are always right and we will tell you if we think changing direction would be the right thing to do.
Iterative, Lean Approach to Software Development
We swear on iterative practices in software development. We don't necessarily advocate specific methodologies, but some principles almost always apply:
- Deliver shippable, concrete features as quickly as possible to get feedback from users
- It's usually better to decide on one approach than to debate endlessly. Software is mallable, you can fix or change things later if you need to
- Pivot immediately if user feedback or business realities demand it
- Best pratices form and improve as the project goes on
- We'll only get there if the whole team agrees on where we are going
Whether the project methodology is by-the-book-SCRUM or improvised kanban, the most important thing is that the chosen process won't hinder team's performance.
We are the only company in Finland specializing in Microsoft Azure and have produced more non-trival solutions than anyone else.
In software development it's usually better to master a technology than to be decent in several. Our choice is to master Microsoft Azure and thus be able to deliver spectacular solutions based on it.
On top of realiable and scalable backend solutions Microsoft Azure makes possible we deliver first class user experience and frontend clients using modern technologies both in web and mobile.
Our teams always consist of passionate developers who are constantly thriving to improve.
We have no managerial staff such as non-technical project managers, who sometimes deliver little value as they can not reliably predict how technological decisions affect project's scope, budget or timetable. We believe that this kind of layer of indirection is innecessary in most projects. We'll hear your need and tell you if, how and when we can deliver a solution.
Our developers stay on the ball
- The whole team follow the project budget and concept changes
- The budget and project "burndown" is reported to the customer by one of the team members, an experienced developer that's also interested on that side of the project
- We don't play chinese whispers, that would sometimes occur when a project manager is transferring knowledge from the customer to the "resource pool"
- The team can directly give a direct opinion about a new idea on a technical or user experience perspective
The core of our business is quality:
- Recruitment is our most important process
- Kompozure Quality Management is our internal agile process with which we qualify everything we do
- In software development you have to improve and learn constanly
- We give to the software development community, attending and organizing events
- We review our work constantly and organize monthly internal learning events
- We reward our developers for their free time coding efforts
- Automation is the best way to ensure quality. We hate tedious manual processes.
- To deliver first class solutions we think it's of utmost importance to have customer commit to the project. Constant communication and keeping track of our progress and goals is key to a successful project
Questions? Get in touch: Sakari Nahi, puh. +358 50 368 7782